Scope of Service
Boiler owner/operators in recent years have been motivated to convert existing fossil fuel-fired boilers to burn some, or exclusively biomass fuels. Boiler conversion to biomass burning fuels often provide lower fuel costs and lower flue gas emissions as well as being considered a “green” renewable resource. Whether the boiler currently burns exclusively fossil fuels or burns a combination of fossil and biomass fuels, JANSEN has the experience and capabilities to provide the necessary services to enhance biomass firing in most all boiler configurations.
A recommended phased approach to fuel conversion projects is listed below:
- Initial assessment of feasibility and required modifications to generate early budgetary costs.
- Engineering evaluation of existing boiler to determine the unit’s capabilities when operating with the new fuel (pressure parts, auxiliary and air pollution control equipment).
- Definition engineering to develop +/- 10% accuracy cost estimate.
- Engineering design, fabrication, and materials supply.
- Operator training and start-up assistance.