Boiler Circulation Studies
BOILER CIRCULATION STUDIES
Circulation of water through boiler tubes is necessary to prevent tube overheating and potential failure. The need to conduct a boiler circulation study is typically dictated because of any one, or combination of, the following reasons:
- To establish the maximum steaming rate at which circulation remains adequate.
- To determine pressure part modifications needed to support a significant increase in fuel burning rate.
- To evaluate the effect of changing boiler operating conditions (such as type of fuel or operating pressure) on circulation.
- To evaluate the effect of changing heating surfaces on circulation.
- To uncover factors causing repeat pressure part failures and/or tube overheating.
- To investigate the cause of excessive scale depositions inside tubing.
A valuable technique used by JANSEN during its analyses of circulation conditions is the application of Ultrasonic Flow Monitoring (UFM).
Use our Online Contact Form or,
Jansen Combustion and Boiler Technologies, Inc.
11335 NE 122nd Way, Suite 275
Kirkland, WA 98034
General Information: email@example.com