Boiler Conversion to Natural Gas (Co-) Firing
BOILER CONVERSION TO NATURAL GAS (CO-) FIRING
Scope of Service
In recent years, boiler owner/operators have become motivated to add or expand natural
gas (co-)firing capability to existing coal-, oil-, and biomass-fired power boilers, and recovery
boilers. The driving forces behind this interest are 1) the current low cost for natural gas,
2) combustion challenges that are sometimes experienced with burning existing solid fuels
and 3) difficulties achieving Boiler MACT emissions compliance.
Services that JANSEN provides:
- Initial assessment of feasibility, technical practicality, and definition of required modifications to generate budgetary project costs.
- Engineering evaluation of existing boilers to determine the units’ capacities and capabilities when operating on natural gas fuel (pressure parts, fans, etc.).
- Assistance in making informed decisions on where to place the burners, burner sizing, and burner NOx generation.
- Steam/water side circulation study and combustion CFD modeling while (co-)firing natural gas.
- Definition engineering to develop +/- 10% accuracy level cost estimate.
- Engineering design, fabrication, and materials supply, including gas burners.
- Operator training and start-up assistance.
- Domtar Inc. – Nekoosa, WI
- NewPage Corporation – Rumford, ME
- Packaging Corporation of America – Tomahawk, WI
- Packaging Corporation of America – Valdosta, GA
Use our Online Contact Form or,
Jansen Combustion and Boiler Technologies, Inc.
11335 NE 122nd Way, Suite 275
Kirkland, WA 98034-6933
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org